Building Stability Certificate and FORM A, B,C

Structural stability certificate

As per The Tamilnadu Public Building (Licensing) Act 1965, In the state of Tamilnadu, Structural stability certificate should be obtained valid for the period maximum three years should be obtained for any Buildings being used as or intended to be used as public Buildings like Schools, Colleges, Kalyana Mandabams, Hotels, Cinema Theatres, Malls etc.. These certificates should be obtained only from the Engineers specially appointed by the District Collector of the concerned District and included in the Panel of Private Practicing Engineers for this Purpose of issuing Structural Stability Certificate after the recommendation by the Board of Chief Engineers of State PWD. Names of such Structural Engineers should have been published in the District Gazette.

buiding form a b c

Form – D

Form D is the License being issued by the District Collector of the Concern district for any building being used for public use or intended to be used as Public building normally valid for three years.

Obtaining Form-D

For obtaining Form- D, an applicant has to submit Form-A, Form-B & Form-C. Out of Form A, B &C, Form-A is application in the standard format specified under The Tamilnadu Public Building (Licensing) Act 1965 and The Tamil Nadu Public Buildings (Licensing) Rules, 1966. Along with the Form. A, a statement accompanying form-A, Form-B and Form-C have to be attached in addition to the Sanitary Certificate obtained from the Sanitary Inspector and Fire NOC obtained from District Fire officer or any other officer competent to issue the certificate .

Stability Certificate (Form A,B,C)

Statement accompanying Form A, Form-B and Form-C are issued by the structural Engineers who are approved and empanelled by the District collector as Private Practicing Engineer under Class 1a category valid for a period of Three years after inspecting the building and all the structural elements of the building. NDT (Non-Destructive Tests) may be conducted on the structural elements of the building for the purpose of estimating the structural capacity of the member and to issue the structural stability Certificate.

Documents necessary for Issuing structural stability certificate,

  • Lease or sale deed

  • Property tax receipt

  • Soil Investigation report

  • Approve Plan as a proof of age of the building

  • Any other document to prove the age of the building

  • Detail about the foundation provided

  • Structural drawings used for construction

  • Details about the number of persons to be accommodated

Share this story!

Leave us a Comment